Admission is based on a family’s understanding of and interest in their son or daughter being educated according to the educational philosophy and methodology of Charlotte Mason.
The admission process:
- The family attends an Open House or calls for an appointment to view curriculum and ask questions about Plumfield.
- The family submits an application (see below), application fee (one per family), and supporting documents (student records, teacher recommendation).
- The family participates in an interview to discuss the Mason philosophy and methodology and to discover if this would be a good match for the family and Plumfield.
- The student visits Plumfield during the day to experience the learning atmosphere. Three consecutive visiting days are recommended.
- The Plumfield staff provides the family with a decision about admission.